From books,articles and similar:
* "Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a God." - Rostand
* "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard
* "Life's not fair," I reply. "But the root password helps." - Bastard Operator from Hell, 1996 Vintage, Part Two
* "People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don’t believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can’t find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw
* "You gonna tell me I got a choice, boy?" - Dixie Flatline, Neuromancer
* "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." - Euripides
* "They ask us what our lyrics are about and we say, well they're whatever you hear really. The song means something personal to us, but that's not the point. Our lyrics may mean something completely different to every single individual - it means something to you; it means something different to him. Why cut him out? We don't want to say anything. We don't want to influence people. We don't want people to know what we think." - Peter Hook, New Order + Joy Division
* "According to Gurdjieff, the truth can be approached only if all the parts wich make a human being, the thought, the feeling and the body, are touched with the same force and in the particular way appropriate to each of them - failing wich, development will inevitably be one sided and sooner or later come to a stop." - Jeanne de Salzmann, Life is real only then, when 'I am'
* "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves." - C. G. Jung
* "The point with these Shahs, L.R.Hubbards, Castanedas, Gurdjieffs, Rajneeshs/Oshos,..is that their powers of seduction resonate with the deeper inner needs of the potential spiritual prey. In such an atmosphere there is no room for critical thinking, nagging questions, impolite pointing the finger to the naked emperor. Maybe the truth will set you free, but certain deceptions will surely make you satisfied" - Mir Harven
* "Es steht uns frei, Wissen und Erfahungen anzunehmen, zu verstehen und zu geniessen oder aber uns selbst zu verausgeben, indem wir dem natuerlichen Fluss der Dinge die eigenen, kleinen Glaubenssaetze oder starren Ueberzeugungen aufzwingen wollen." - Stephen K. Hayes, Die Lehre der Schattenkaempfer
* "Die Naturwissenschaft ohne Religion ist lahm, die Religion ohne Naturwissenschaft ist blind." - Albert Einstein
* "Zwei Dinge sind unendlich: Das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit. Beim Universum bin ich mir aber noch nicht ganz sicher." - Albert Einstein
* "Die Welt wird nicht bedroht von den Menschen, die boese sind, sondern von denen, die das Boese zulassen." - Albert Einstein
* "Lachen toetet die Furcht und ohne Furcht kann es keinen Glauben geben. Wer keine Furcht vor dem Teufel hat, der braucht auch keinen Gott mehr" - Abt, Der Name der Rose
* "Erkenne dich selbst" - Inschrift am Tempel des Apollo in Delphi ,Antikes Griechenland (Notizen der Weisheit)
* "Za rjesenje problema, moramo prestati razmisljati na onaj nacin kao kada je problem nastao." - Albert Einstein
* "Sve sto se dogada, dogada se pravedno." - Marko Aurelije, Samome sebi, knjiga cetvrta
* "Uvijek idi najkracim putem. Najkraci je put onaj koji je u skladu s prirodom; njega se drzi kao spasonosnog i prema njemu sve govori i radi. To nacelo oslobada od tegoba i borbe od svake proracunosti i poze." - Marko Aurelije, Samome sebi, knjiga cetvrta
* "Jos malo i zaboravit ces na sve. Jos malo, i sve ce zaboraviti na tebe." - Marko Aurelije, Samome sebi, knjiga sedma
* "Hodati duz ostre ivice maca,
Trcati preko tankog leda-
Za to nije potrebno slijediti tragove.
Za uspon uz strmu liticu
nisu ti potrebne ruke." - Mumon, Mumonkan (komentar na pricu Buda i filozof)
From movies,series,documentaries and similar:
* "Panda bears are tuff." - ? ?, Telling you
* "Good mouning" - ? ?, 'Allo 'allo
* "Nightmare, it's not simply horror. It's not simply anxiety. It's not simply suspense. In nightmares you always must have this ambiguity of crossing the border. Of externalizing, of encouter outside something wich emerges from your deepest inside." - Slavoj Zizek, Fantastic voyages "Alptraeume", a documentary about nightmareish music videos
* "Now, where was I?" - Leonard Shelby, Memento
* "We are afraid to see clearly and to be seen clearly." - ?
* "Quis hic locus? Quae regio? Quae mundis plaga?" (What world is this? What kingdom? What shores of what worlds?) - dr. Wick, Girl, Interrupted
* "Tennis is my goal." - woman from the 'Getting away with it' music video from the group James
* "You gonna learn, kid! It's all up here!" - Manny, Runaway train
* "I have a cunning plan." - Baldrick, Black Adder
* "So you think I'm a loser? Just because I have a stinking job that I hate, a family that doesn't respect me, a whole city that curses the day I was born? Well, that may mean loser to you, but let me tell you something. Every morning when I wake up, I know it's not going to get any better until I go back to sleep again. So I get up, have my watered down Tang and still-frozen Pop Tart, get in my car with no upholstery, no gas and six more payments to fight traffic just for the privilege of putting cheap shoes on the cloven hooves of people like you. I'll never play football like I thought I would, I'll never know the touch of a beautiful woman, and I'll never again know the joy of driving without a bag on my head. But I'm not a loser. 'Cause despite it all, me and every other guy who'll never be what he wanted to be, are still out there, being what we don't wanna be, forty hours a week, for life. And the fact that I haven't put a gun to my mouth, you pudding of a woman, makes me a winner!" - Al Bundy, Married With Children
* "I find his films about as funny as getting an arrow through the neck and discovering there's a gas bill tied to it." - Black Adder, Black Adder goes Forth, Episode 3
* "Scheiss auf den Scheisser!" - Critical Bill, Das Leben nach dem Tod in Denver
* "Gepardi vole brzu hranu." - ?, BBC Wild
* "Jerbo ja san glava! A u glavi srcu mista nije!" - Kikas, Prosjaci i sinovi
* "Yes, I know my enemies. They're the teachers who taught me to fight me. Compromise, conformity, assimilation, submission, ignorance, hypocrisy, brutality, the elite. All of wich are american dreams." - Rage against the machine, Know your enemy
* "This is the way, step inside..." - Joy Division, Atrocity exhibition
* "Phew, for a minute there I lost myself, I lost myself." - Radiohead, Karma police
* "Immerse your soul in love." - Radiohead, Street spirit (fade out)
* "A diamond crucifix in his ear is used to help ward off the fear, that he has left his soul in someone's rented car." - Lou Reed, Romeo had Juliette
* "They ask me where the hell I'm going? At a thousand feet per second... Hey man, slowdown! Idiot, slowdown!" - Radiohead, The Tourist
* "Die Medien helfen ihm beim dumm sein, ein starker Staat hilft ihm beim stumm sein." - Blumfeld, Die Diktatur der Angepassten
* "Es fällt nur schwer all die Jahre an ihr zu sehen. Ein bitteres Gedicht" - Njatr, Mund
* "Ne znam kad' i ne znam gdje, ici cemo istom stranom ulice." - Jura Stublic, Mi nismo sami
* "Pa pusti da ti svira, dusa gine od tisine." - Darko Rundek, Ruke
Signatures on internet forums:
* "I mostly browse at night... Mostly."
* "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Marx
* "Ichi go - Ichi e" (Lit. One meeting - one chance, probably best translated as Carpe diem) - Japanese proverb
* "Find your true weakness and surrender to it. Therein lies the path to genius. Most people spend their lives using their strengths to overcome or cover up their weaknesses. Those few who use their strengths to incorporate their weaknesses, who don't divide themselves, those people are very rare. In any generation there are a few and they lead their generation." - Moshe Feldenkrais
* "Wishful thinking only makes the Truth more painful." - Unknown
* "Those who control the past control the future. Those who control the present control the past." - George Orwell
* "The real trick to optimizing color space conversions is of course to not do them." --trbarry, April 2002
* "Reality? Is that where the pizza delivery guy comes from?"
* "Four of the six voices in my head are telling me that I'm sane."
* "The M.P.A.A. is out there"
* "Get real! This is a discussion group, not a helpdesk. You post something,we discuss its implications. If the discussion happens to answer a question you've asked, that's incidental."
* "We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the Complete Works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." - Robert Wilensky, University of California, 1997
* "There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works..."
* "Sex is like air. It's not important unless you aren't getting any."
* "Always remember you're unique. Just like everyone else."
* "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
* "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he will sit in a boat & drink beer all day."
* "If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it."
* "If you drink, don't park; accidents cause people."
* "The journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire."
* "We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse."
* "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."
I was there/Ich war dabei/Imao sam prilike biti tu:
* "Live YOUR life - don't try to make someone live THEIR life your way. You probably have screwed up yours anyhow." - ScooterMyth, Doom9's forum
* "Sie sind das?" - Oesterreichischer Zoellner, Als er mein Passbild sah
* "Imao sam prilike biti tu." - prof. Milardovic, Dok je pricao kako je plinska boca skoro eksplodirala
* "Mogu van rec da mi je dopizdilo." - Ivan Stanic, Za odsluzenja zadnja dva mjeseca vojnog roka u Osijeku. U to vrijeme svatko je vec bio odavno pozivcanio.
* "(...) nepovoljna bioreprodukcijska obiljezja (...)" - zeli ostati anonimna ;-)
* "Kako lipo mirise gorivo!" - Mario Ujevic, Kada smo stigli pjesice na benzinsku crpku (jer je nestalo goriva u automobilu).
* "Slik mich" - Nina (3 godine), moleci na hrvatsko-njemackom za slikanje